No, I am not going anywhere. I am DAMN healthy. Couldn't kill me with an axe, as my father used to say of my mother's superb health.
But birthdays do offer one pause to reflect.
So here is a list of what I have not yet accomplished, but wanted to:
- no NYT list
- no fortune
- not really even 3 minutes of fame coming my way.
- lots of awards for my writing
- many placements in Book Clubs
- enough $$$ earned writing to send our kids through private high school and college
- a legacy to them of loving books, the written word and great movies
- a respect by them for art in all forms
- a desire by them to be artists...while coping with the necessity to be corporate good boys and girls
- my acquisition of so many friends who love books and the written word, whether they themselves are writers or not
- my wonderful marriage of many decades to a man whose support I valued for my decision to NOT be an eternal corporate person
- my love of what I do every day and an endless supply of ideas to
- the ability to earn money at it
- the joy of creating
- the joy of being what I know I was meant to be when I came here...so many years ago!
And the cover at the top? My new release FOR HER HONOUR at http://www.total-e-bound.com/ , the second in the SWORDS OF PASSION series about 3 Crusaders who fight for their lives and their loves in the reign of King John of England. Scrumptious cover, yes?