Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's All in the Cards!



I learned to use the Tarot many years ago, and I now do readings at charity events, such as for my local Cats Protection branch. Last week, I was doing readings for a Swishing Party (you know, the clothes swap idea?) and the charity was research in the Moebius Syndrome. Look it up. This awful neurological disorder is incredibly rare -- but one of the party organisers has a child who is affected. It made me count my blessings that my son and my grandson were born with no neuroligical problems...


Anyway, the readings went well. And I was thinking which of the cards would 'match up' with the characters I'm writing about. It's an interesting exercise. My current heroes would be The Magician and the King of Coins, and my heroines the High Priestess and Queen of Cups. Imagery and symbolism. Then I thought of my Medicine cards, and wondered which of the animal totems would fit... Could go on for hours with this!

A quick seque onto animals -- I now have four foster-kittens. Three more arrived this afternoon (couriered to me by the adoption centre) -- seems that kitten season has hit with a vengeance! Add to that unusual amounts of relief work (two staff on vacation. one long-term sick, one unfilled position) and I can see that actually WRITING anything is not going to be easy for a while. Oh, well. It'll just have to ferment in my brain until I can get time to write it all down...

No comments: