MISS DARLING'S INDECENT OFFER was a joy to write.
Today I ponder with you the undying popularity of Regency romances.
WHY IS THAT?
I have heard so many explanations.
1. Jane Austen's enduring popularity.
2. A gracious era.
3. The last gracious era.
4. A time of peace after decades of war.
5. A lighthearted moment in time.
6. The dawn of the modern era.
7. The explosion of wealth among the English.
8. The dawn of the Second Empire, before the challenges of ruling those colonies became a burden.
What are your thoughts on the popularity of Regency romances?
Would love to hear them!
And do go read this newest, and tell me what you think.
The first 2 (LORD STANHOPE'S IMPROPER PROPOSAL and LADY FEATHERSTONE'S FERVENT AFFAIR) have hit the top ten list for months now at AllRomanceEbooks.com and at Fictionwise.com as well as at Resplendence, too.