I just wrote the last words on Feiral WIP that I'm thinking of titling Desperate Measures simply because the situation that leads the heroine to the hero is one of those times that call for that. Naming that thing is giving me more trouble. Sigh.
Now back to the original reason for this post the reasons why I love finishing my latest WIP and I'd like to know if any of you have any other reasons.
1. I finished the story. My hero and heroine are finally together and they've grabbed their happily ever after. Woohoo!
2. I finished the story. I know I put this twice, but sometimes--like this time--getting to the end is a reason to celebrate in and of itself. Over a week ago, I'd thought I had a scene and a half to finish. I thought okay a few days at most and I'll be done. That grew to over two chapters and four scenes.
3. I can start another book. I love beginning work on another book, getting into the characters to find out what they like and what they don't and getting into their world.
4. I even love going back to revise and rewrite in my own personal edits. I get to revisit my friends and make their story as tight as possible before I send them to my editor.
5. I finally know how they came together, fell in love and surmounted the obstacles they faced. Sure, I had an idea at the beginning of the story, but I'm not a plotter so through the characters twists and turns what I first envisioned usually isn't the end result.
Have an absolutely fabulous day,