Thursday, September 27, 2007

Looking for the Bright Side

Sometimes bad crap happens. Today it happened to me. Completely out of the blue and very unexpected.

On the bright side, what happened has no serious long term impact on my family, friends, or self.

On the bright side, what happened won't stand in the way of my goals - personal or career.

On the bright side, what happened doesn't clash or interfere with my values or beliefs.

On the bright side, what happened will serve as a reminder of what it feels like to feel disappointed and violated, so I use that in a soon-to-be written story to make it more compelling and true to life.

Looking at it that way, I feel a bit better. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Bronwyn Green said...

Hey Sweetness,

I'm sorry that there's crap in your world, but I think you're wise to reframe it like you have.

Sending you big hugs.

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Those are some pretty good bright sides. Let's add that you're a great person, a great author, and the fact that you're even LOOKING for the bright side says a lot of good things about you.

Author Isabelle Drake said...

Thanks ladies ( : You are both sweathearts!