Saturday, September 22, 2007

NaNoWriMo


I just received an email from NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. Sign up is October 1. They are making all sorts of nifty changes.
Last year I entered the NaNoWriMo. I was a supporter. They raised a lot of money for building libraries with Room to Read by donating 50% of their net proceeds from donations and merchandise sales so Room to Read can build libraries on their behalf giving thousands of kids in Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam the chance to fall in love with reading.
NaNoWriMo.org is where you can go in November and for one glorious, insane month attempt to write 50,000 words for a novel. You will have support, and you can buy cool stuff like the oversize coffee mug I bought that says Novelist Fuel.
I won last year along with hundreds, maybe thousands of others.
This year lots of changes are going to be made according to the email I received. You ought to drop by www.nanowrimo.org October 1st and join me and other novelists. See what changes are being made and see how you do writing a novel in 30 days.

No comments: