Monday, February 25, 2008

Daydream believing

I've always been a dreamer. From the earliest memories I have I recall sitting and dreaming of other things. Perhaps I was adopted and I was really royalty. Switched at birth like one of the shows on tv? Maybe my family was really aliens like in Invasion of the Body Snatchers? I'm sure some of you had the same thoughts as a child. But mine went further until I created not only other people but entirely different worlds. And I liked them.
My family always thought that my imagination would land me into an acting career. I was part of the drama department all through high school and college. The lead in most of our school plays. But I often found myself wanting to rewrite certain scenes or make other small changes to the story.
Then one day my father called and told me that he had written a book and was going through the motions to self publish. I was amazed and awed. My father and I have often written poetry as well as my other two sisters. But a book? And then I thought of all the times that I had stated in jest that I was going to write. Could I do it? Could I really sit down at a computer and stare at a blank page and create a story that others would like?
It was my father who gave me the courage I needed to sit down and begin work on my first story. And thus His Bare Obsession was born and with it not only the Bare Love series but a brand new career for me.
Last Thursday I celebrated my one year anniversary with Ellora's Cave. It was one year ago on Feb 21, 2007 that His Bare Obsession released. It has been a year of ups and downs for me and I'm so grateful to my father for giving me the push I needed to step out of my box and take a chance. It has paid off in spades. I have a new career, new friends and the possibilities before me are endless.
I'm living proof that dreams do come true...if only you believe.

Lacey Thorn





It's your world...unlaced

No comments: