Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Sexually Assertive Woman

What is it with men these days? Or perhaps it is just the ones in my neck of the woods. I am proud to say that I am a sexually assertive woman. At the age of thirty-six I know what I want from my partner and I'm not afraid to ask for...no, to demand it. I know what excites me, what gets my motor running, and I have even...(dare I admit it) masturbated. Gasp. I know. Not saying that for shock value just trying to convey that I know my body very well.
We no longer live in a society where women are to be chaste and pure while men are free to play. Or do we? Is there still that core value that sees a woman who is sexual as a whore? Slutty? Cheap? And who is really giving us this label? Men? Or other women?
I remember my twenties fondly. But I was far from the woman that I am now. I was easily intimidated and shy. I was never happy with my body, my appearance, my anything. I was far from assertive. But I lived. I experienced life and learned from it. Did I make mistakes? You bet, sometimes more than once. But they all brought to where I am now, to who I am now. So I regret nothing.
I was married for twelve years and although it ended sadly in divorce, I dont' regret it and will hold love for him somewhere inside always. He is the father of my children. I have dated. I have loved. I have walked away unscathed and I have walked away deeply wounded. I have even succumbed to the occasional booty call.
My original point was that I am a sexual woman. I love sex, every facet of it. I am confident and secure within myself and that changes how I behave in the bedroom...or wherever. Call me what you will but when it is all said and done, I never fake anything. I don't have to.
Men may be intimidated because they actually have to prove what they claim. I'm not some naive school girl that is going to be wrapped up in pleasing him. I'm a woman and I'll tell you what I like, what I don't, and what I'd really enjoy. Just maybe we'll both walk away with a smile...or even better, we won't have the strength left to walk at all.
So women don't be afraid to embrace your sexual side. It is more than okay to know what you want and to demand it. Don't settle. NEVER FAKE IT! And men. There is a lot to learn from a woman who knows her body. Explore it with her, listen, and you just might walk away a much better lover for it.
I am woman. I am Goddess. Hear me roar. More importantly just hear me!

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Lacey! Excellent post. Every woman should feel comfortable embracing her sexual side. Though, I admit it took me 'til my late thirties.

Mia Watts said...

Lacey, you have come into your own. Don't look back.

Nina Pierce said...

Lscey what a great post!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys. It is nice to realize that there are other women out there that feel the same as me.

Lacey
It's your world...unlaced

Fran Lee said...

Wonderful, Lacey! My biggest problem isn't knowing what I want...it's catching those damn cover models...they run faster than I do. :)