Sunday, April 29, 2007

Reading

Most writers read. A lot. And I'm no different from any other writer. I read. A lot. Recently I've been sidelined by health issues so I've been reading a lot more than usual. And that, let me tell you, is a lot.

So what have I been reading, you ask? I'm pleased to tell you that most of what's been taking me away from my current situation, transporting me into worlds and lives unknown to me except through the wonderful storytelling abilities of those who wrote them, are books by companion goddesses. I have a limited time to sit without discomfort so I'm just going to list some of what I've read, and you'll have to take my word for it that they've all been great. Although great is truly an understatement. I highly recommend each and every one of them for your own personal reading pleasure.

Okay. Ready? Here goes... Everglades Wildfire by Isabelle Drake (great family turmoil in that one), Heaving Bosoms by Ashlyn Chase (made me giggle, love her sense of humor!), Crazy for the Cowboy by Cindy Spencer Pape (I read this twice, I enjoyed it so so much), Anchor and Storm by Kate Poole (anyone that enjoys historicals will be nuts over this one. I was!) and Overlord's Vessel by Bronwyn Green (Micah and Elizabeth--a couple that won't be forgotten!).
I told you I read a lot. I read these in the past few days, LOL!!

Fortunately, the goddesses are a prolific bunch and there is an assortment of tempting offerings that will keep me occupied in the coming days. The hardest part of reading what these talented women have written is deciding what to read first! But eventually, I'll read them all.

And no matter what your taste, reading friends, there is a goddess that writes just for you, too!

Until next time, happy reading!

No comments: