Sunday, July 15, 2007

Desired Silence

This always seems to happen to me and wondered if it happens to other.

When you’re right in the middle of a really intense scene in a book. I mean it is heart pounding, sweaty and you’re at the edge of your seat. Then wham the phone rings or someone talks to you yanking you right out of it. Oyy. That happened to me today. Not once but a couple of times. The first time I was finishing the new Nora Roberts High Noon and just as I reached the pivotal part the phone rang. It frightened me so bad I threw the book up in the air and spilled my drink. My phone rarely rings so was annoyed. I picked it up and tried to answer pleasantly but I can’t tell you if I succeeded or not. I’m sure you guessed it already who was on the other end of the phone. A TELEMARKETER. Since I know they are only doing there job I was okay I tried to be polite and told them not interested and they kept going on and on. I hung up and went and got my book.

So I started reading again and was back into the book when … you guessed it the phone rang again. This time I at least kept my book in hand and answered the phone all the while I was thinking was I the phone company or what. And I’m sure you know what I am about to say. It was another TELEMARKETER. I didn’t even try to listen I hung up. By this time I was so annoyed I put the book down and booted up my computer.

I started working on my current book and was going well when you guessed it the phone rang again. By this time I sighed and picked up the phone. At least this time it was someone I wanted to speak with. A friend who I hadn't spoken to in a while. Before I knew it hours had passed. After we got off the phone and I started to get back into my scene but then I thought about it, stopped and took the phone off the hook. Achieved. Silence. {grin} I got lots of writing done and finished Nora's book High Noon.

What do you do when you need some me time?




Taige

No comments: