Friday, November 30, 2007

TGIO

Hi, everyone

Yes, TGIO -- Thank God It's Over! I refer of course to NaNoWriMo. As usual, I did not reach 50,000 words. In fact, I probably didn't make 10,000 words. That's the bad news. The good news is that: (1) I wrote more than I have every other year I have signed up for NaNo; and (2) it got me back into my WIP. It also helped me identify a LOT of problems with the story that I have to go back and correct. But that's a good thing, too. At least now I know (or, hope) I can get the story to work. I am excited about fixing the plot problems and getting to the end.

So, I won't hang my head too low when I go to the TGIO party tomorrow. Anybody else out there do NaNo? How did you do?

There is another significance to this day. To all my fellow Scots and descendents of Scots -- Happy St. Andrew's Day. As you know, St. Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland. There are a couple of stories about how he acquired that honor -- his relics being brought from Constantinople and given to the Pictish king, Oengus mac Fergusa, or that Oengus or Oengus II seeing an "X" in the clouds that predicted he'd win in battle. Whichever story is true, we know that the "X", the saltire, is the cross on the flag of Scotland. St. Andrew was crucified, but he felt he was unworthy to be crucified on the same type of cross Jesus was, so he requested the X-shaped cross.

Well, that's all I have for today. My website is still not up -- my web designer and his wife recently had a baby, so he is VERY sleep deprived -- but hopefully soon. I know -- I've been saying that since the summer.

Till next month, Happy Holidays -- whichever one(s) you celebrate.
Kate Poole

1 comment:

Charlene Leatherman said...

Hope the TGIO party was a blast. Made it to 29600 but got my 2nd novel done and started a new wip. Congrats on the getting back on your wip. Charlene