Thursday, June 12, 2008

BookExpo 2008 LA

If you haven’t been to the BookExpo and you get the chance go. It’s huge and amazing, hard to describe. The goal of the event is to bring publishers, authors, booksellers, librarians, and other book industry people together. It’s basically hour after glorious hour of talking about books, looking at books, and getting free books—usually signed.

The first day I was in LA I spent the afternoon driving around in this sweet Nissan 350Z. Ahhh…. This picture was taken on Mulholland Drive at sunset on the way to Santa Monica Pier for some very silly, touristy sightseeing.


I spent the entire next day at the BookExpo, signing books at the Ellora’s Cave booth and zipping around chatting with anyone and everyone. Highlights included:

Talking with booksellers. They amaze me; they remember everything.

Taking a picture of William Shatner. I have to confess, I did not stand in the hour + line to get my book signed, I just cruised by and snapped a shot with my cell.

Getting a signed picture of Ziggy from Tom Wilson. He signed it LOVE, Tom Wilson; I have a sense he signs them all that way, LOL.

Quick meeting with my agent. New projects in the works…

Eating lunch in the Ellora’s Cave bus. The food was yummy, the company the best!

No comments: