Friday, August 22, 2008

Blessings




It's Friday and I am here to blog about Blessings. On the west coast, it is 2:37 PM. The sky is a mix of high blue and scattered white clouds.The weather is balmy. What more could one ask? I have uploaded the covers of my two Isabelle books. They are not selling as well as my other books so I'm going to work on increasing their sales.
My best friend sent me an e-mail about Blessings. A couple of highlights gives a sense of the lengthy e-mail. "If you have food in the fridge, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of the rest of the world. If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and spare change in a dish, you are in the top 8% of the world's wealthiest." Does that surprise you?
We are blessed to have computers and internet access. Only 1% of the world's citizens have a computer. After reading the e-mail I determined to remember the blessings I have, especially on those days when I feel grumpy and haven't had enough time for ME. Then I think of my wonderful husband and family, especially my lovely great-niece, Meredith. Meredith and Matt, are expecting their first child in early September. She sent a glowing letter to family and friends with pictures of her pregnancy as it evolved! Our family is gifted with a sense of humour.
Goddesses. I am blessed to belong to our little blog group. Having said all that, I am frustrated at not writing several pages a day my historical romance inspired by "The Portrait of a Lady in a Blue Dress." Is it the balmy summer weather? I don't feel blocked. It's about making time to write. I'm a daytime writer. After dinner I like to settle down with a good book, watch a baseball game or something on television that appeals to intelligent adults. My day times are fragmented and I like to have a two to three hour stretch to write and that is not happening for me. What are your writing habits?
Anita






No comments: