Thursday, November 27, 2008

Being Thankful for Movies,Couches, and Pillows

Today, while my family cooks everything from the turkey to the desert, I'm making catching up on some movies I should have already seem. Against All Odds (1984, Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges) is first on my list.
I'm watching the end of it as I write this; I can't decide if I like this movie or not.

As an erotic romance writer, it has one flaw that is a deal breaker for me--people falling in love just because. Usually the just because is just because she's so beautiful or just because he's so handsome. Grr...that's so lame.

That said, this movie does have some scenes that almost make up for the annoyance of what to me is lazy writing that could have been resolved with an additional scene or two. And it has a tropical setting, which I absolutely love.

If you havn't seen it, sure, you should check it out--of the library--for free. I say free because that way if you too get annoyed by the Just Because factor you won't be annoyed that you paid to be annoyed.

Trying to remember if you've seen it already? Check out the trailer.

Next up is The Day of the Jackal (1973, Edward Fox). No sexy tropical beach settings and bare chest football players in this one. Just a crafty plot to kill the French president.

Check out trailer for that one.

I just put Day o the J in, and I can tell already I better pay attention--because if I don't, I'm going to be lost in about seven minutes. Fingers crossed that nothing will happen just because.

Wishing you and yours a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The only thing I liked about that movie was the theme song.