Monday, March 23, 2009

Girls Kick Ass – it says so on a T-Shirt.

I’m always on a look out for “input” – something that will inspire the next line or the next scene, or the next story. Netflix is my weapon of choice – and after gorging myself on Buffy The Vampire Slayer, I've recently discovered Dark Angel.

DA is set in a future where an EM pulse destroyed all the computer networks and plunged the US into chaos. The main character – Max – is a super enhanced highly trained assassin who had escaped her “creators” when she was nine. I’ve only watched the pilot, but it looks like the show will twine together Max’s past, her urge to find the others who escaped with her as well as her being a superhero, helping others cope in a world ruled by money and laws existing only for the poor.

I really loved the one liners – like the title above. I also think it’s a really great contrast to have superhero Max show so much emotion, and be both girly and kick ass. The best part? Definitely food for the muse.

We’ll see how the rest of the show pans out – but so far it’s an enthusiastic thumbs up from both me and the muse.

I'm Fiona Jayde, new to the Goddesses. To learn more about me, visit www.fionajayde.com

1 comment:

Fran Lee's Romance Blog said...

Hi, Fiona! I own that T-shirt. Love it! DA kicks ass, too. :)