Monday, May 25, 2009

Free Lunch Free Read

Hi y'all! How's everyone doing?

Recently, my sister-in-law became pregnant and became sensitive to most odors. Hence, she couldn't cook. I was concerned, because she and the baby needed nutritious food, and her husband (my brother) couldn't cook. Normally, she didn't like to receive favors, so I brought out all the reasons (for the baby's good, etc) to convince her to have dinner with us sometimes, whenever I cook. To my surprise, she didn't even demur, but immediately said yes!

Then, a week ago, a friend announced her pregnancy. Unlike my SIL, this friend didn't cook at all. So, um, kind, good-hearted me offered her a meal at my place too. Instant acceptance!

This led me to conclude, anything free is good. No one would reject it. If the free stuff is offered by a stranger, then there may be some suspicion, coz there's no such thing as a free lunch in this world. But when it's offered by a friend, well, it's a blessing and heartily accepted.

So, my friends, to show you how I treasure each and every one of you, I'm offering you all a free read. I hope this would tide you over until my next release At Long Last, Love on July 3.


Journeying to the back of beyond to claim the inheritance left by his great-aunt, Tyler Morrison never expects to find hot, sizzling passion with a woman whose touch scorches him, who makes him ache like no one has before.


Elise longs for love, and she believes she has found it in Tyler, who delights in bringing her to the heights and soaring with her. Night after night, in the darkness where magic has the most potency, they indulge their insatiable appetites and satisfy their lusts. Yet, Elise harbours a deep secret, a secret that has the power to destroy the very thing she has ever wanted…


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Visit my website and join my yahoogroup for up-to-date news on contests and books. Want to know more about me? Read my blog or join me at Six Sexy Sirens !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea, Madison! And I'm sure the pregnant ladies loved having someone else cook for them. I know I would! :)

Madison Blake said...

Thanks, Amber. I only hope they like what I cook. I find that a lot of the food items disagree with them! I hadn't realized being pregnant makes one sensitive to so many stuff.