Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's the Little Things That Count

Easter is almost here.
What we sometimes forget is that Easter is not just about chocolate bunnies, boiled colored eggs, and pretty ruffled dresses. Easter is also about new beginning. The beginning of spring. If you are a Christian, as am I, Easter is about new life offered by a Messiah, a Christ.
Perhaps for all of us, we can make Easter to stand for something else as well. Perhaps we can make Easter stand for a time to become new - starting with a new attitude.

Here are some thoughts that might start you on your way:


Do the kinds of things that come from the heart. When you do, you won't be dissatisfied, you won't be envious, you won't be longing for somebody else's things. On the contrary, you'll be overwhelmed with what comes back. Morrie Schwartz

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

We cannot explain why these little signs mean so much to us. But the fact is that a word of thanks for some small thing can transform our day. Jeanne Reidy

Seven National Crimes: I don't think. I don't know. I don't care. I am too busy. I leave well enough alone. I have no time to read and find out. I am not interested. William Boetcker

"I believe that one of the most important things to learn in life is that you can make a difference in your community no matter who you are or where you live. I have seen so many good deeds -- people helped, lives improved -- because someone cared." Rosalynn Carter

The thoughtful little things you do each day have an accumulated effect on all our tomorrows. Alexandra Stoddard

Take good care of yourself, just as you have taken such good care of others. Dan Zadra

No comments: