Thursday, July 19, 2007

Recuperating from the RWA National Conference

Woo-hoo! I finally made it into this site. Sorry I am so late, but the darn thing wouldn't let me sign in earlier today.

I think I have finally begun to recuperate from the RWA conference. It was the third one I've been to, and I should have remembered how tiring they can be. It seems as if you're always on the go -- to seminars, to luncheons, to get-togethers with chapters and now, for me, publishers. I always enjoy them and come home fired up to write!

Only . . . not this time. It seems as if promoting the book that has been published takes up so much of my energy and brain power, that I have not been able to get back to my WIP. And I have a critique group meeting next Wednesday. So, I had better get to it. As usual, though, I am at a connecting scene that will link some major scenes, and that is where I get stuck. I will just have to clear my emails, put on some Celtic music, and push through it, so I can get to the exciting part that comes next. I can always go back and spiff it up later.

Unlike Rita, who blogged yesterday, I am NOT a summer person. I am perfectly content to sit in a nice, cool air-conditioned room and let the rest of the world sweat. This weekend I will work on my next book (working title -- The Beast of Caledonia) and also write up the content for my website, so the designer can plug it in and maybe finally, finally, I will have my very own website!

See you next time when, hopefully, I will be able to give you my website address and you can visit me there. Till then, keep writing and reading (and sweating, if you like that sort of thing).

Kate Poole

No comments: