Monday, May 7, 2007

Ack! I'm Late!!

ACK!! It's my day to blog here at the Goddesses of Storytelling and I'm late!!

I feel like the rabbit in Alice In Wonderland, running to and fro and muttering to myself, "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!" You, my friends, are my date and I apologize for being late. I have to tell you, though, that I tried to be here earlier. Really, I did. But the internet access at the B&B Mickey and I are staying in in Vermont has been spotty all day. The owner says it's a "normal" thing here, but I'll tell you it would drive me mad to not be able to log on whenever I want to. I've been bugging out all day over it, and we're supposed to be here on a wonderful, romantic interlude. Some romance, eh? Going slightly batty over not being able to log on and "chat" with all of you? Yes, it's pretty funny...now that I'm here!

But I guess that's the way life is sometimes. We plan so carefully yet some things are out of our control. Fortunately neither Mickey nor I are controlling people, so we generally go with the flow. Laid back, I guess you'd say. We are alike in more ways than I like to admit, LOL.

I wonder if that's how most couples are? Do you think people gravitate towards someone with a personal style similar to their own? Or do they crave something completely different in a mate?

Most times my books feature a couple who have differences to reconcile before they can find happiness. Because honestly, I like a little tension in a relationship--on paper, that is. I enjoy reading about how two people either deal with a tough situation or learn to live together despite their differences, so that's the kind of couples I write about.

Hmm...maybe Mickey and I aren't what I'd consider a prime couple for noveling purposes...no major obstacles...no differences, really...hmm...maybe we should discuss this further. He's waiting for me poolside, so I'm going to thank you for stopping in today and bid you farewell for now. I've got some talking to do beside a pool. And maybe a couple of Margaritas would make the conversation flow more smoothly...

Until next time, have fun!

~Nina Nash

No comments: