Sunday, May 27, 2007

Destiny

I took the test below at Blogthings.com Its a fun site with lots of quizzes that you can take and post to your blogs. Some are silly like "What is your Leprechaun name?" Others are more serious, but all should be taken in fun.

You Are Internal - Realist - Powerful
You feel your life is controlled internally.
If you want something, you make it happen.
You don't wait around for things to go your way.
You value your independence and don't like others to have control.

You are a realist when it comes to luck.
You don't attribute everything to luck, but you do know some things are random.
You don't beat yourself up when bad things happen to you...
But you do your best to try to make your own luck.

When it comes to who's in charge, it's you.
Life is a kingdom, and you're the grand ruler.
You don't care much about what others think.
But they better care what you think!


Why am I sharing this test with you? Because I read the following earlier to day too.

Take a moment to look at the circumstances of your world. Is it
what you want to see? What could you do differently to take one
step closer to your ideal vision? We're all dealt different
hands in life. That's how things are. To change things, you have
to first accept that fact, then figure out where to go from
here. We should all be able to count on each other for help, but
in the end, we can't expect anyone to change our lives except
ourselves. Nor should we want it that way. It's natural to feel
powerless and give up in the face of hardships. But complaining
and blaming do nothing except prevent action. Without positive
action, you're giving up your power and asking for more of the
same--a world you did not create. Where you start may not be
your fault, but the course you run is still your choosing


Okay you say - so what? Well, I have a cover for my book Prophecy of Vithan which comes out August 2. I have been approached by a friend that has a company that specializes in promoting authors and other artists. When I asked a relative's opinion about the idea of signing with this friend and her company My relative's response was "This is the most exciting thing to happen."

My response was to want to hide in the closet and never come out.
So, I am posting this test that tells me I am a Powerful person who controls my destiny, and the message that tells me that with positive action I have the power to choose the course I run to remind myself that not only do I write about strong women, but
I AM A STRONG WOMAN.
Now, I just have to remember it.

So now I am off to Defeat the Villain, Destroy the Monster, Deliver the Hero, and do so shouting from the rooftops - I AM WOMAN - POWERFUL - RESOURCEFUL - AND RIGHT ON TRACK.

No comments: