Thursday, August 23, 2007

Aloha!

I've just returned from an incredible 9-day trip to the island of Maui. (The excuse was my nephew's wedding.) The traveling there and back was exhausting, but worth every tedious minute. The sea, the sunshine and the welcoming atmosphere were everything I'd ever dreamed.

Now traveling with my father, my brother, and my two teenage sons made this a less than romantic getaway, though my husband certainly did his best to sneak in as much romance as possible under the circumstances. So there was a little private time mixed between the snorkeling, sight-seeing, shopping and surfing lessons. We absolutely have to go back sometime once the kids are grown.

But now I'm home and it's time to get back to work. Projects to finish, edits to make, and websites to update. To my surprise, I didn't write much of anyting at all on the trip, but I don't think the time was wasted. I'm relaxed, refreshed, and ready to write. My brain was soaking it all in, accumlating settings and ideas and people. You can definitely look forward to a book set in Hawaii sometime soon. Happily ever after in the island sun. I'm thinking a surfing instructor and an uptight midwestern tourist...

No comments: