Thursday, August 16, 2007

Breathless

I was driving home at three o'clock (PCT) when it suddenly struck me - this is one of my days to Blog. I put on the kettle, made a cup of tea and here I am - no longer out of breath but catching up.

I am also waiting breathlessly for the appearance of Isabelle's Diary on September 6. Until it is actually out there I'll give you a little snippet of how it starts.

My heroine, Sally Carter, has stopped for a morning cup of coffee in the Celtic Cafe in Llandridod Wells, Wales. She notices a beautiful young woman dressed in somber Victorian black sitting alone at a window table weeping over the pages of a diary. When had the girl entered the cafe? Sally is puzzled. Why hadn't she noticed the girl walk past her table?

The stranger tucks the diary in her reticle and stands up. Unable to move under the girl's dark-eyed gaze Sally is disturbed by the waitress presenting the bill. When she looks up the girl has disappeared and the waitress insists that no one had sat at the window table all morning.

Ghost? A figment of Sally's imagination? My cover is up at Cerridwen Press. I think it's beautiful.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: