Friday, March 9, 2007

The Quiet One

While all the other Goddesses are paryting, I'm the one in the corner watching it all happen (and taking notes, of course, for later fun and profit) or sneaking off to my magic mirror to see what's going on with my creations. But like all the quiet ones, when I have something to say, you'd better listen.

TV Reporter: Ma'am, tell me about your neighbor who turned out to be a serial killer.
Woman in house dress, her hair in curlers: Oh, she was very quiet. Kept to herself a lot. Never caused trouble.

You see what I mean.

My first book, Speechless, doesn't come out until the end of May, from Cerridwen Press, so expect me to start ki- I mean talking in a couple months. For now, here's a blurb:

Stone is lying low in a mountain cabin while authorities work to capture the corrupt government agents he helped expose. When a hiker gets caught in a small landslide and breaks her leg, he can't keep himself from helping her, despite the danger to them both.

Eva knows Stone is lying to her about who he is--"international consultant" indeed!--and why he's in that cabin, but she also knows he'd never hurt her. And though he declares that the instant attraction between them has to end as soon as she's safely home, neither one can resist the other. Because Eva is mute, and Stone can hear the voice she doesn't have.

Will their passion and connection doom them or save them?

Find an excerpt on my Web site: www.elissaabbott.com.

My current work-in-progress is a fantasy about a lost woman seeking freedom and healing, and the two men who help her find them. For updates on this book and Speechless, come join my Friends on MySpace: www.myspace.com/elissaabbott.

No comments: