Sunday, July 27, 2008

Appreciation

I've found myself enjoying the simple things this week. I'm just as guilty as anyone of rushing through my day trying to do way to much and over-looking what is most important to me. So this week I did my best to stop and enjoy the little things. I spent time with my girls just enjoying them. They won't be young forever and soon enough they will have better things to do than stay around mom asking endless questions and wondering what I am doing.
I've tried to talk more with friends and family. Often those that we love the most are the ones that we take for granted. Unfortunately they won't always be there. That is a simple fact of life. I love them and want to make sure that if something were to happen to me they didn't question that affection.
So take a moment, take a deep breath and open your eyes to life around you. Every day we grow a little older and things change. Don't let the should have, would have, could have, happen to you. Enjoy life right now. Shut off the computer and go outside with your spouse, your kids, your dog, or whoever makes you smile. Go for a drive with no destination in mind. Look at the sky, at the clouds. Go to the park. Most of all...Have fun! And know that at least for today you lived!

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced.

No comments: