Saturday, September 20, 2008

Better Late than never


Friday is my blogging day with the Goddesses and I forgot! My excuse is feeble. We had our grandson, Fraser, visiting. He flew back to London, England where he works on Thursday afternoon. My thoughts were with him on that long ten/eleven hour flight from Vancouver to London. So that's where my mind was wandering. He is home safe and sound.

So what is new with me? I am beginning to put together PR material to publicize my historical romance, A Very Difficult Man, when it's released in paperback in October/November. My friend, Solveig McLaren, does PR as a sideline. We had a meeting last week and discussed various options as promotional materials. Bookmarks. Pens. Fridge magnets. We decided to try something different.

Put together a small booklet. Cover of my book. Inside, part of the first chapter that leaves the reader wanting to know what happens next. Susan Lyons, multi-published friend, sent me one of her neat little booklets. I really liked it. Solveig thinks the booklet is friendly. It will be read out of curiosity and, hopefully, will be so interesting the reader will buy the book. I will probably do some bookmarks as well.

On Monday I will take the floppy with the cover and the partial to a reliable printer and find out what the booklet will cost. I want it small enough to send in a regular size envelope. However, that depends on what can be done, etc.

If you have some brilliant suggestions please send them to me privately at, anita.birt@gmail.com or put them up on our Goddess blog so all can benefit.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: