Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life...

Life comes at you fast. Think about that. Honestly we never know what could happen on any given day. I don't blog at all like I should. I don't have a set writing schedule. I tend to write when the mood takes me and that doesn't always occur once a day at the same time. LOL I'm dreamer and I tend to dream big...and very dramatically!

But when I do sit at the computer and write...it is like magic for me. I lose myself and become the story. I take on the role of every character that I write to some extent. I'm often ask which of my characters I most identify with and honestly the answer is all of them. After all each one of them was born in my head. The good, the bad and everything in between is a part of the wicked thing I call my brain. And I love what I do.

In a world that is so ever changing that some people never know from one day to the next if they will have a job tomorrow, a savings left, or anything to retire on...I am blessed with the incredible ability to do something that I love and hope that I am good at.

I am a proud mother of three and they keep me hopping at every moment. Sometimes it is all I can do to keep my eyes open until they fall asleep. They inspire me to be better, to work harder, to take steps that maybe I wouldn't have the courage to on my own. I hope that someday they say the same things about me.

Mostly, I am just a woman, no different from any number of other women out in the world. I am divorced and doing what I can to take care of myself and my children. I am strong and proud and capable. I fall. I fail. I cry and sometimes I throw my head back and scream in frustration. I laugh. I smile. And sometimes I run around the house playing tickle tag until we all collapse amidst hysterical giggles.

Bottom line is that life is filled with infinite possibilities. I am lucky but it isn't always easy and I do work very hard for what I have. I have amazing friends and family that contribute an endless supply of encouragement and support. I get up and I smile, truly grateful to be alive and well. I have fear but I do my best to face it. I have worries and anxiety, but I can't let them take me over.

I am just a woman like so many others. My job is endless. My life a jumble of so many things. But I still get up every morning, smile and thank God that I am alive.


Lacey Thorn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog was inspiring. Thanks for letting us have a peek into your private life. Your children are lucky to have you as their Mom. Now I must inspire myself to write a few pages but the sun is shining and the Royal Canadian Air Force acrobatic team will be booming overhead soon. The Snowbirds they are called. We leave close to the Juan de Fuca strait and the Snowbirds will be flying over the water