Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bare Love: Bare Confessions




Imprint: Ellora's Cave
Bare Confessions by Lacey Thorn
Release date: 5/2/07
Genre: Contemporary
Rating: E
ISBN: 9781419909924
Price: $5.95

Bare Confessions
Lacey Thorn
Sequel to His Bare Obsession
“Secrets and lies… Everyone in the world deals with these every day of their lives. To protect themselves. To protect someone else. It is all in the way that you look at the situation.”
Katie Daniels is struggling to deal with all that surrounds her, losing her teaching position and the tiny fact that she shot and killed a man. Katie finds solace at Knowledge Is Power, the health club owned by her brother’s fiancĂ©e Moira Madigan, and with her brother’s best friend Detective Ben Marcum. Katie has been in love with Ben for years a secret she has kept quietly hidden until now. Secrets and lies are all around her but the one Ben is keeping may just be the biggest of all. Detective Marcum is hiding more than anyone knows, even his best-friend and partner Detective Gil Daniels. Will Ben trust Katie with the truth? More importantly will he trust her with his heart? Can Katie break down the walls of protection Ben has erected? Will their bare confessions stir the fires burning inside them or blow them out for good?

Excerpt 1 from Bare Confessions (PG 13)

It was dark outside the window of Gil’s old apartment. Katie lived there alone now that Gil had moved in permanently with Moira. But when the knock came at the door Katie was anything but surprised. It seemed like someone was always stopping by with one excuse or another but Katie knew they were checking to make sure she was all right.
Expecting it to be one of her brothers she left her robe folded on the end of the couch hoping that when they saw her in the short blue nightie they would prefer not to stay. But she was the one surprised when she opened the door to none other than Ben Marcum.
He took her in from head to toe before moving past her into the apartment. “Expecting someone?” He asked with a touch of anger in his voice.
Interesting, Katie thought. Could it possibly be that he was a little upset at the thought of her with another guy. Maybe she could use that to get him right were she wanted him—in her bed.
“No, I’m just getting ready for bed and since I wasn’t expecting anyone, I just figured you were one of my well-meaning brothers. Which I guess that you could be—a brother I mean.” Katie said the last just to see what his reaction would be. She almost laughed when she saw the scowl on his face.
“I just wanted to check on you. I hear that you start your first day of work at Moira’s gym tomorrow. Are you sure that you’re up to it?”
“If I had been teaching I would have already started so, yeah, I’m sure. Besides, I’m just going to be leading some group therapy sessions for those who are interested in it. I do have a degree in psychology, Ben.”
“I know that. It’s just that some of the things those women have been through are pretty serious. I hate for you to have to listen to it.”
“I’m not some little doll who needs to be sheltered and protected. I wish you and my brothers would get over that idea.” Katie turned and stomped over to the window. “I shot and killed a man Ben. Just how innocent do you think that leaves me?”
Ben stepped up behind her and pulled her back against his body being careful to keep enough distance between them so that she wouldn’t feel the pulsing hardness of his straining cock. That little blue number she was almost wearing was hell on his libido. He wanted her so badly and had to keep reminding himself that Gil would likely kill him if he touched his baby sister.

Want a little spicier look? Keep reading!

Excerpt 2 from Bare Confessions (Adult, unedited)
Katie burrowed closer to him. Close enough that there was no mistaking what that rigid length straining his zipper was. Without thinking she began rubbing her stomach against it. They both moaned at the same time. “I know that you want me, Ben. Why won’t you do anything about it?”
Ben groaned again as he held her hips to try and get her to stop rubbing so wantonly against him. “Gil would kill me if he knew that I touched you.”
“Why does Gil have to know anything about it then?” Katie was feeling reckless. The only thing that she knew for sure was that she wanted him between her thighs right now.
“What are you saying, Katie? That we should just have sex and not let anyone know?”
“Why not? I’m sure that you’ve had one night stands before. This shouldn’t be new to you. We could just scratch this itch we have for each other and move on.”
Ben wasn’t sure that he could do that. He was afraid that once he had Katie he would never be able to let her go. “I don’t think that it such a good idea. Secrets always have a way of getting out and I’m not so sure that I could lie to Gil.”
“Who says you have to lie, Ben?” She moved her hand down to squeeze him through his jeans making him groan. “Besides if you’re not interested I’ll just go find someone who is. So really you’ll be doing Gil a favor by making sure my first time is with someone who will make it really good for me.”
Ben gulped and moved away. “Your first time? Shit, Katie, I’ve never been with a virgin.”
Katie smiled at him as she began working the ties open on her nightie. “I promise that I won’t hurt you. I’ll make it really good for you baby.” On the last word her nightie fell completely open exposing her high firm breasts. She wasn’t as well endowed as her soon to be sister-in-law who was an impressive thirty-six D-cup. Katie was on the smaller side at a thirty-two C-cup but what she had was round and firm and her nipples were a dark cherry red. She could tell by the look on Ben’s face that he liked what he saw and that there was no way that he would be able to walk away from her.
“What do you say, Ben? Will it be you or should I look elsewhere?”
Ben seemed to come out of a fog. He stalked toward her and scooped her up into his arms striding to where he knew that bedroom she used was. “I’ll kill anyone else who even tries to!”
With long strides he carried her to the bed and placed her on her knees on the mattress. Then he bent down and took her mouth in an incredible kiss. Katie had been kissed before but never like this. This was no quick kiss. No, Ben thrust his tongue in her mouth and explored before pulling her tongue into his mouth and sucking it firmly. She could already feel her panties growing wetter.
Still kissing her he shoved her nightie off her shoulders and down and off her arms leaving her in nothing but the boy cut lace panties that matched it. Then it was her turn to groan when he took both of her nipples in his fingers and began pulling and softly pinching them. She pulled her mouth away and arched her back thrusting her breasts more fully into his hands. Ben followed the line of her neck with his mouth, nipping and licking his way down to her chest. Once there he licked all around her breasts but ignored her engorged nipples.
Katie fisted her hands in his hair and tried to force him to her nipple but he wouldn’t move.
“What do you want me to do, Katie? Tell me what you want.”


Wet your appetite? Get to know the Daniels family and all their friends in Legacy at www.lacythorn.com or www.ellorascave.com

Lacey Thorn
It's your world...unlaced

No comments: