Thursday, May 22, 2008

What's Next?

The good news is that I have a release date for my next book - September 11. September will be a busy month for me; I'll have two releases - Cowboy for Hire from Cerridwen Press and Nectar of the Gods from Total E Bound. That's awesome!

But now that I'm through those edits and have my release dates - what next? Hmmm...

Of course I have a couple ideas rolling around in my head, but which set of characters need to the page now? Fortunately, I have a system for resolving this dilemma. Here are the things I do to sort myself out and get started on my next project.

1. Clean my office. This includes *dusting*
2. Watch a couple movies. During the day.
3. Ride my bike.
4. Have lunch with friends I haven't seen in too long.
5. Do some online shopping.
6. Sit on the couch, stare out the window.
7. Bake brownies.

I don't believe in writers block, because I don't want to believe it exists. Because if it does exist, I might - the horror - get it. So, I figure as long as I keep denying the existence of writers block, I'll keep avoiding it.

No comments: